Altenew - One of my Favorite Stamping Company. I just love the designs created by Jennifer and Tasnim!
So, here I am with my cards made over this weekend.
I started with Altenew's Dodecagram stamp set. The possibilities to use this stamp set is endless. Its a gorgeous collection of geometric designs which can be used for any occasion.
Here below, you can see my stamp set :D
I have a quick step by step guide with some pictures which I took while creating the card:
1. To start with, I used a pre-folded A2 sized card.
2. To create a subtle background, I opted to use the small triangle in the stamp set with some Antique linen distress ink. I just love the soft effect of this color on cards. It not very overbearing and yet is very distinct, I stamped the image in opposite directions to create a pattern.
3. To create the focal image of the card, I stamped the geometric image a couple of times (4 or 5 times) on a blue card paper with Versamark ink and used the Ranger's white embossing powder which I later heat set with my heat gun.
I fussy cut 4 pieces and adhered them together to create a bigger image and liked how it looked now.
4. I used some bakers twine to create a backdrop for my focal image to rest on.
5. To finish the card, I used some double sided foam tape to adhere the image on top of the bakers twine. I also added some sequins in dark brown from my stash to give the final touch :)
I though a lot about adding a sentiment in the card somewhere, but I liked the card this way and dint want to add anything else.
Hope you like the card !
A close up of the focal point !
Thanks for stopping by !
I am entering this card for:
CSCC #8 - One Card, One Stampset..
Challenge #44 Emboss it .