Friday, November 14, 2014

Guest Design for Lulupu: Pinwheel Card

Hello Everyone,  

This post is a very special one for me, any guesses why ? :) I have been invited to guest design for Lulupu.com - India's favourite Online Paper Craft Supplies Store. 
And, this is my very first guest design! Cheers! to many more to come :)

The project which I will be sharing with you is an interactive card (inspired by: Video Tutorial: Pinwheel Spinner Card) for the occasion of Children's Day. Any kid would love this card and want to continue to play with it. So lets see how this card was made. 


First, I started out with a 2 x 2 inch pattern paper which was cut from all four corners till the centre of the piece.









Then I created a pinwheel, by bringing one corner of every piece and sticking it to the centre. 
You can also refer to this easy pictorial representation. 
To finish the pinwheel, I added a button with a pearl embellishment from my stash.


To make the card, I chose A2 size pre-folder card base and two additional patterned paper which would coordinate with my pinwheel. 
The pattern paper was cut 1/4" smaller than the card base.







I created a slot for the pinwheel but cutting out the paper with rounded ends. To the finished pinwheel, I added some double sided foam tape and adhered that to a 1 rupee coin. On top of this, I added another piece of double sided foam tape. 
The pinwheel with the foam tape side up was adjusted in between the slot and the second 1 rupee coin was adhered on top which made a perfect sandwich for the pinwheel.

The sentiment "Happy Day" was stamped in black ink prior to adding it to the base of the card and a quick array of sequins was added for the charm.

This was adhered to the card base by loads of foam tape to give dimension. 


Here is the final look of the card:







Now, what is an interactive card if you cannot see any activity, so I have a video for you which shows how much fun this card can be ! Please click on the link below and it will take you to the video.

Pinwheel Card

Hope you liked this card & are inspired to make one for yourself! :)

Till my next card! Adios!

Love
Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment